Anonymous asked: I saw your instagram photo where you mad a DIY skirt. how did you do that?
This was last year so I am a little sketchy on that.
1.)But you’re going to take your fabric (of the appropriate length and width you want it to be) and fold it in half hamburger style and right sides together. Depending on how full you want your skirt, use more fabric for a more full look, or less fabric for less fullness. BE SURE TO ACOUNT 1/2 inch FOR SEAM ALLOWANCE!!!!
2) zig zag stitch along the open end on the side
3) this skirt requires elastic. You’re going to measure out how much elastic you want to use by wrapping it around your waist. You want to be sure it’s a LITTLE smaller than your actual waist. An inch or inch and a half should be fine.
4) you’re then going to creat the elastic casing on your skirt. This is where is gets a little tricky to explain.
5) at the very top of your skirt, place and pin your elastic.
6)Fold it downward so that you can no longer see the elastic
7) iron that fold down well, so that you get a nice crease
8) you can now remove the elastic
9) straight stitch it close, but make sure there’s enough space to pull the elastic through it. BE SURE TO LEAVE ABOUT TWO INCHES OPEN. IF YOU DON’T, THEN YOU WONT BE ABLE TO PUT IN YOUR ELASTIC.
10) on one end of your elastic, put in a safety pin. Begin sticking that end though the space you left open
11) use the safety pin to help guide you get it through. don’t let the other end of the elastic go.
12) once it’s through, sew the two ends of elastic together. Both ends should be sticking out of different ends. You are to sew a box with an X in the middle. This is to ensure security
13) sew the opening closed
14) on the opposite end of the skirt (the bottom), you are going to sew your rolled hem.
15) with your skirt still right sides together, you’re going to fold upwards, then fold that over again.
16) iron to make a nice crease
17) straight stitch all the the way around
18) turn your skirt inside out
19) admire your work
20) ALL DONE!!!
I hope this was helpful. Sorry it was so long, I just wanted to be very specific.
I miss what I had with my old friends; it’s sad to look back and see how far we’ve drifted apart from each other